Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Hair Story

During the last few years (and by few I apparently mean eight, since some of these pictures date back to high school) my hair has been through many adventures in styling.  For most of my life leading up to high school I had my hair somewhere between waist length and shoulder length, straight, and brown.  My senior year in high school I took a leap and cut it into a pixie cut with some length.  I quite enjoyed this hairstyle, because I could "fluff" my hair like in the pictures below to create some volume.

  


Once I hit college, I continued to trim my hair to pixie-cut length, but somewhere around my sophomore year I decided to grow it back out and experiment with dyeing it natural shades of red.   


And then — I had the sudden gumption to bleach it and dye it a bright red color that faded over time to a peach color (an unexpected favorite).



      

As my hair continued to grow out, I eventually had it colored with some more natural copper tones with highlights. 



Though I did enjoy having my hair longer, I finally grew tired of having long hair, and I made the drastic change to a pixie cut once more during my 4th year of undergrad.




Since then, I've decided to grow it out once more, hopefully to a longer length this time.  Time can only tell what the next chapter in this hair story will be!

- The Lovely Red Fox

1 comment:

  1. You sound a lot like me. A few times throughout college I chopped my hair into a pixie. Actually, I've been doing that since sophomore year of high school. I usually have 3 years in between pixie cuts, then grow it out, get frustrated, and chop it again. Haha. I used to dye my hair crazy colors as well! But now that I work at a law office, I cannot do that. I haven't dyed my hair in almost 3 years and I find now that I quite like my natural color... I'd almost forgotten what my natural hair color looked like as I started dying it, let's see, hmmm... since I was 13 years old. Wow. Anywho, you look swell with any cut/style. ^_^

    xx
    Jenny
    www.mishmoshmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete